I was a little puzzled to see yet another hit piece out on Romania from The Economist, this one in the m-fing print edition, meaning literally every member of the English-speaking so-called “intelligentsia” around the globe is reading this garbage.
And then suddenly the clouds parted and a golden beam of sunlight struck me squarely in the forehead, opening my eyes:
Many Romanians see the central bank as their most solid institution. Governments come and go but its boss since 1990, Mugur Isarescu, is a powerful background presence.
Hmm.. I swear I’ve read that name somewhere before.
Anyway, click on the link to read the rest, which basically is The Economist beating the “apple” out of Romania. I swear I think I got a bruise just from reading the dang thing.
As always, I’ll leave it up to the immortal Nicolae Guta, whom I shall forever and ever respect for the sheer fact that he’s got the balls to be honest, along with the sublimely supreme and deliciously curvaceous Sorina to add the final comment on this mess.
If you’re following along at home, the part of the SECRET WORLD ELITE is going to be played be Sorina. Guta will play the part of MUGUR ISARESCU.
A Fairy Tale For Young Children, The Musical
A meeting of the Bilderberg Group, high up in the mountains near a pine forest.
The exact date is unknown but it is several years before the present time.
OBAMA and HRH CHARLES PRINCE OF WALES enter stage left, holding hands and chattering amiably although you can’t quite make out their words. Suddenly they pause and stop talking.
Behind them and already on stage is a crowd of mostly ELDERLY WHITE MEN wearing suits who are talking quietly in the background.
From stage right enters a representative of the WORLD ELITE as well as MUGUR ISARESCU, who is wearing a large flag of Romania pinned to his Masonic uniform.
OBAMA: (facing MUGUR ISARESCU) Sa fii sanatos, cruscre!
HRH CHARLES PRINCE OF WALES: Frate, cu ce scop ai venit la mine?
MUGUR ISARESCU: Am venit ca sa iau nora!
HRH CHARLES PRINCE OF WALES: Sa fie intr-un ceas bun.
WORLD ELITE: Ne-a ajuns baiatul mare la vreme de insuratoare.
MUGUR ISARESCU: Haida muiere in sat si luam nora de om bogat.
WORLD ELITE: Sa luam nora de valoare, tanarui de vita tare.
MUGUR ISARESCU: Da si facem nunta mare ca avem neamuri de valoare.
WORLD ELITE: Astazi nunte mare in sat, multa lume s-o adunat.
MUGUR ISARESCU: Au intrat dusmanii in priza ca am facut nunta pe criza!
AND NOW YOU KNOW!
VOI DE THE ECONOMIST NUMAI SA STITI, AM FUMAT SMECHERI CA VOI ;)
UPDATE: Someone has specifically asked me to address the issues raised in The Economist article. That’s fair enough. Here is my summation of their entire article:
- Orange. Yay, Orange. Orange is good. Don’t be sad, Orange. You were and always will be our one great hope. Dream orange.
- Romania was bad. Now they have to beg for help.
- In exchange, the Romanian government has to make everyone suffer. People sure hate suffering, don’t they?
- In the mean time, start doing things so we can make money in your damn country!
- Plus listen to Daddy Isarescu because he’s the steady cool hand at the helm.
- Hey did you know the Tourism Minister is a hot chick? Yep, totally true and everything.
- Oh jeez, I went to Snagov and the bridge there was just horrifically ugly. I was so mad because I spent hours driving all over the place to find it. I mean that bridge was U-G-L-Y you ain’t got no alibi for real.
- Oh then some drunk old monk wandered up to me and was jabbering at me in Romanian and pestered me until I gave him money.
- I heard him say a bad word in Romanian that I know and I think he was talking about Those Poor Repressed Romany Not Tigani People whom I admire and respect so much. I just wish I had the balls to ask him his name so I could quote him in my global publication. Darn, maybe next time!
- By the way this guy at the health club whom I met for a squash game told me Romania needs to get cracking on doing what multinational corporations want ’em to do. He’s a banker so he knows what he’s talking about. Gee, I wish I could remember his name.
- There’s a lot of corruption in Romania and it’s bad. I mean seriously bad.
- Even though Basescu is hated by tons of people right now in his own country, he’s still our good pal and bestest Orange buddy, just like the tie-muncher himself, Saakashvili. Go orange!