WORD COUNT: 1764
Well, I don’t think that it’s news to anyone any longer than the refugee crisis that I wrote about is now effecting serious changes on all of Europe. Last week, the EU member states (which include Romania, but not Moldova) had a vote and it split almost perfectly down the east/west axis, with western European countries voting in favor of absorbing immigrants into their population while the eastern countries (including Romania) voted against.
This isn’t so surprising. Even aside from my own personal issues, I’ve heard those devils in the local Immigration department complaining in very racist terms about the migrants, even though Moldova (and Romania too) aren’t really being affected by the hundreds of thousands of people now making their way into Europe.
So on one side you’ve got people (and governments) who openly are welcoming migrants, believing that it’s a) the humanitarian thing to do, b) it’s good for the economy, and c) a little fresh blood is a good thing. On the other side is the purely racist side, which argues that admitting migrants (particularly dark-skinned Muslim ones) is tantamount to cultural suicide.
So which side is right?
Well, obviously a million studies have shown that a) Europe’s population is declining (including most definitely Romania and RM) and b) huge amounts of migrants ends up being an economic boon to the countries where they resettle. So the only issue left on the table is the race one, and few people think of racism as a good thing, so they’re left forced to use mealy-mouth double-talk like the arch racist himself, Mr. Viktor “Rivers of Blood” Orban, the dictator (oops: president) of Hungary.
But let’s just examine, for a moment, if it’s true that immigrants cause “cultural suicide”, or destroy the way of life for the nation that absorbs them.
On one hand, this argument has some validity, as long as you open your history book and look in the chapter entitled White Christian European Expansion 1492-1965. A few examples:
United States: 90% or more of native population wiped out, culture erased almost entirely
Australia: 90% or more (100% in Tasmania) of native population wiped out, culture almost completely wiped out
Canada: 90% of population wiped out, most of native culture wiped out
Aztecs: complete genocide and destruction of culture
Inca: 99% of population wiped out, culture erased almost entirely
Maya: more than 50% of population eradicated, all books but 3 burned and destroyed, cultural heritage nearly destroyed
Haiti/DR: complete genocide and destruction of culture
Africa: entire continent minus Ethiopia colonized, enslaved, and mass destruction of native culture
And so on, and so forth. Clearly, the arrival of white Christian migrants is bad news for anyone living in that area. But what about modern day migrants, some of whom are most definitely Muslim and dark-skinned?
Honestly, I can tell that the Viktor Orbans and Victor Pontas of the world who are screaming about migrants have never been to England. I have, and it’s a country that’s changed a hell of a lot since I was first there more than 30 years ago.
Old England from 30 years ago: most industries nationalized, 80% of food grown locally, 99% of food bought at local shop, milkman still delivering to your house, population 99% white skin and members of Church of England, public food is dull and bland, consisting of almost nothing but fish, chips and mushy peas
Modern England: utilities and transport owned by private firms, including foreign ones, 90% of food now imported, almost all food sold at multinational chain stores (Tesco, Sainsbury, etc), inter-racial population common, multi-faith houses of worship (temples, mosques, etc), street food is wild and colorful, including curries and influences from both Jamaica/Caribbean and India/Pakistan/Bangladesh
So did England commit “cultural suicide” in the last 30 years? I’m sure there are a few folks you’ll meet who will agree with that thought. But last I looked, England was a vibrant, bustling place that everyone still wants to visit and go for work. The economy is doing well, and even “benefits” (welfare) pay better than a full-time job in the “pure” Eastern European countries that are frightened to death of migrants.
Germany? After World War 2, their economy was in the toilet. With massive infusions of cash from the United States, they started turning things around. But by the 1960s, they had a severe labor shortage, so they invented the “gasterbeiter” (the rebooted ostarbeiter), and imported a few million dark-skinned, Muslim people from Turkey to work in their factories. Guess what? The economy started doing even better, and now Germany is one of the leading industrial nations in the world.
Did Germany commit “cultural suicide” when they let all those Turks in starting in the 1960s and 70s? I’d say no. There are mosques in every major German town and yet I was there in 2014 and it all looked plenty German to me. There are Muslim women wearing head scarves doing their business just fine alongside bare-headed white German women. And the automatic kiosks and ATMs (bankomat/cash point) just have Turkish as a language you can select, if German, French and English don’t suit you.
France? After their colonies in North Africa became independent, following bitter wars against France, some of those local people in the former colonies started moving to France. France too was once an almost exclusively white, “European” country, and yet if you go to France today you’ll see a rich heritage of dark-skinned people, some of which yes, attend mosques and wear head scarves. But the food is more varied, the music is FAR better now, and life continues to look pretty damn French to my eyes.
So England stayed English, Germany stayed German, and France stayed French, even after millions of immigrants made those countries their new permanent homes. Oh, and those three countries also happen to have some of the most robust economies in the world. Next time you buy a German-engineered car, drink a British ale or gin, or spray yourself with French perfume, remember that those products were made, in part, by dark-skinned Muslim people. Yep. Same for Italy, which has its own growing population of Somalis (Italy wasn’t much of a colonizer), some of whom work for Armani, Dolce & Gabbani, or Ferrari.
So somehow western European countries have managed to still hang on to their identity even after absorbing and integrating millions of migrants. Were there some changes? Of course. Most for the best (especially the food and music) and a few for the worse (poverty and ghettos). So it goes.
But what about Romania, and to a lesser extent the Republic of Moldova? If the migrants are able to be kept out, will the old traditional way of life still last?
Of course not. As I’ve been writing about (literally) for years, there’s barely a trace left of the “good old days” of Romania/Moldova. People like to dress up in the old traditional costumes, and hoist a glass of wine, and sing the old songs, but after all that’s over they slip on a pair of Calvin Klein jeans, lace up their Adidas/Nike shoes, fire up their BMW and drive on over to the mall for a fucking Big Mac or three-piece KFC chicken dinner. Is that really preserving the culture?
No. Cultures change, even without immigrants. I had the sad experience of driving through most of Poland last year, and saw the almost complete eradication of village life. The Poles who still live in Poland are almost all clustered in the cities now, working in big office towers, fiddling with their smartphones and checking Facebook. Same for half of Czech Republic and huge swathes of Hungary.
And those three countries especially depend on a special kind of “migrant” called the Tourist, for their economies to even stay afloat. Take away the millions of tourists who visit Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland and those three countries would be poorer than most African states in no time at all. Romania, as well, draws millions of tourists (roughly 6-8 million per year), and cities like Sighisoara, Brasov, Cluj, and Bucharest would suffer massively without that huge influx of tourists.
So, whether the migrants come or not, the world keeps on turning, and the past is rapidly slipping behind us in the rearview mirror (Ro: luneta), and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. So migrants aren’t going to cause “cultural suicide” for Romania/Moldova, as all the locals are already busy killing traditional culture as fast as they can get their hands on an iWatch.
And, last but not least, let’s not forget that every single one of the racist/anti-immigrant countries is themselves the source of millions of migrants. Half of Moldova’s population is working abroad, and between 10-15% of Romania’s population is permanently beyond its borders. So why is it okay for a Romanian/Moldovan to be a migrant, but not a Syrian/Eritrean? Bit of hypocrisy, if you ask me. And the same question goes for the Hungarians, who themselves are immigrants from Asia, and now have millions of their people working and living somewhere beyond the borders of Hungary.
But wait! I know some people are saying that migrants are awesome, just as long as they’re not Muslim migrants. To that, all I can say is “try visiting a Muslim country some time”. Guess what? It’s just like the Christians in Romania/Moldova, i.e. it’s mostly just nominal, go to church/mosque once a year (if that), celebrate the party festivals (Christmas/Eid al-Fitr) and skip all the tedious hardcore religious stuff (Lent/Ramadan). Literally 99% of Romanians /Moldovans never crack open a Bible, and hardly anyone under age 60 ever goes to a church for any kind of religious service on a regular basis. Guess what? Same for Muslims. Contrary to what you’ve seen on TV, 99.9999% of Muslims are not fanatics, terrorists, or even give a shit about religion other than when it’s time to get married or buried.
So yeah, I say bring on the migrants! And let’s get some fresh blood, new ideas, tastier food, and awesome new fashion ideas into Eastern Europe, instead of hanging on to stupid old ideas about the past that aren’t even true, such as the fact that not one woman in a traditional Romanian/Moldovan village would’ve worn make-up and lipstick, and yet that’s EXACTLY what every “pure” Romanian/Moldovan woman does today when wearing the national costume on TV or as part of some public performance.
And even if you want to move up to Baia Mare somewhere, and wear homemade clothes, guess what? The migrants won’t bother you. In fact, they might be curious about it and want to try it for themselves. Shocker! :O
17 thoughts on “Cultural Suicide”
when you enter Romania leave your libcrap at the door
we are sick of leftists…
first Russian idiots now US…?
what the hell is wrong with you people? There is never gonna stop with this crap ideology? Just let people be and stop trying to “fix” them…
you talked about gypsy and how they are “unfixable and happy”… well fuck you, we are also unfixable and happy… can UE, USA, Russia or anyone else stop trying to fix us?
we do not fix others… here gipsy people are free to do whatever the fuck they want… but in your dear liberal europe they need “fixing”….
Let the fucking people be free and stop telling them what to do!
Romanians and Eastern Europeans were SLAVES to the islam… for your information WHITE SLAVERY was a thing here… for hell sake how dare you and any other libdem to talk like this with us?
Search the friking google at least:
“ottoman slave trade”
“ottoman blood tribute”
even the name “slavs” comes from “slaves” ffs…
how dare you, a liberal to tell us to welcome among us a culture that tried and mostly succeed to enslave and destroy us?
1200 years of invasions, persecutions, enslavement, tribute, wars and colonization… and you thing we should WELCOME THEM?
you mention we got muslims in Europe… yes we do… because they INVADED US and convert part of the population to islam by force!
stop telling us about “Bosnia”…
search about the history of this bastard state and you will find out that they were conquered and their entire culture and religion destroyed and replaced with the conqueror’s….
this kind of fate was reserved for the entire region if we did not fight back and resist…
and we did fight back, and we did resist…
and you libtards come and blame us? for resisting invasion? for keeping our culture? for preserving our traditions and religion?
you say that “whites did a shitton of crap, enslaved and conquered the “natives””…
yes..YOUR WHITES… the western ones…
OUR WHITES were slaves to turks, ottomans, tatars for centuries…
what YOUR WHITES did to others… others did to OUR WHITES
we pay for what you take…
and now you want us to PAY MORE?
give back whatever you took from others, and stop your shitty propaganda against us!
there is a reason people here are somehow racist…
not because we think we are superior
but because we are afraid
and rightfully so
from islam to communism, from nazism to UE… all the fucking scum of the world tried to conquer us…
that is why Eastern Europe is racist…
because we refuse to be conquered by scum
Yo, Sam… check this one out, fresh news on your buddies:
A Female Physician in Munich, Germany sends a message to the world . . . . . .
Yesterday, at the hospital we had a meeting about how the situation
here and at the other Munich hospitals is unsustainable. Clinics
cannot handle emergencies, so they are starting to send everything to
Many Muslims are refusing treatment by female staff and, we, women,
are refusing to go among those animals, especially from Africa.
Relations between the staff and migrants are going from bad to worse.
Since last weekend, migrants going to the hospitals must be
accompanied by police with K-9 units.
Many migrants have AIDS, syphilis, open TB and many exotic diseases
that we, in Europe, do not know how to treat them. If they receive a
prescription in the pharmacy, they learn they have to pay cash. This
leads to unbelievable outbursts, especially when it is about drugs for
the children. They abandon the children with pharmacy staff with the
words: “So, cure them here yourselves!” So the police are not just
guarding the clinics and hospitals, but also large pharmacies.
Truly we said openly: Where are all those who had welcomed in front of
TV cameras, with signs at train stations?! Yes, for now, the border
has been closed, but a million of them are already here and we will
definitely not be able to get rid of them.
Until now, the number of unemployed in Germany was 2.2 million. Now it
will be at least 3.5 million. Most of these people are completely
unemployable. A bare minimum of them have any education. What is more,
their women usually do not work at all. I estimate that one in ten is
pregnant. Hundreds of thousands of them have brought along infants and
little kids under six, many emaciated and neglected. If this continues
and German re-opens its borders, I’m going home to the Czech Republic.
Nobody can keep me here in this situation, not even double the salary
than at home. I went to Germany, not to Africa or the Middle East.
Even the professor who heads our department told us how sad it makes
him to see the cleaning woman, who for 800 Euros cleans every day for
years, and then meets young men in the hallways who just wait with
their hand outstretched, want everything for free, and when they don’t
get it they throw a fit.
I really don’t need this! But I’m afraid that if I return, that at
some point it will be the same in the Czech Republic. If the Germans,
with their nature cannot handle this, there in Czechia it would be
total chaos. Nobody who has not come in contact with them has no idea
what kind of animals they are, especially the ones from Africa, and
how Muslims act superior to our staff, regarding their religious
For now, the local hospital staff has not come down with the diseases
they brought here, but, with so many hundreds of patients every day –
this is just a question of time.
In a hospital near the Rhine, migrants attacked the staff with knives
after they had handed over an 8-month-old on the brink of death, which
they had dragged across half of Europe for three months. The child
died in two days, despite having received top care at one of the best
pediatric clinics in Germany. The physician had to undergo surgery and
two nurses are laid up in the ICU. Nobody has been punished.
The local press is forbidden to write about it, so we know about it
through email. What would have happened to a German if he had stabbed
a doctor and nurses with a knife? Or if he had flung his own
syphilis-infected urine into a nurse’s face and so threatened her with
infection? At a minimum he’d go straight to jail and later to court.
With these people – so far, nothing has happened.
And so I ask, where are all those greeters and receivers from the
train stations? Sitting pretty at home, enjoying their non-profits and
looking forward to more trains and their next batch of cash from
acting like greeters at the stations. If it were up to me I would
round up all these greeters and bring them here first to our
hospital’s emergency ward, as attendants. Then, into one building with
the migrants so they can look after them there themselves, without
armed police, without police dogs who today are in every hospital here
in Bavaria, and without medical help.
Is this “situation” coming to America?
Rejoice….more good news!
Yes 10 maybe criminals out of a refugee population of 200,000 sure does prove your point :-D
10 criminals? .. 200,000 refugees?… where do you get your numbers man? there were over 1,000,000 in Germany in 2015 alone!
There were over 175 complaints of women being groped and probed in EVERY body orifice in Koln alone… how would you have liked your wife to be in the crowd of the “culturally renewing” fresh blood of the beastly kind?
Sorry Sam, you’re either seriously biased, unrelentingly vain on what proved to be a misguided and ill-conceived post, or just plain stupid… but I guess you’re pretty safe in Moldova, none of this shit is coming to a city near you, thanks to Putin.
listen to this guys, maybe you learn something:
First of all, nice fantasy, as obviously I wouldn’t want my wife groped by anyone. Whether they’re a Muslim immigrant or Christian native is irrelevant.
Secondly, your own number of about a million looks accurate. Hence you’ve proved my point, that a tiny fraction of a group does bad things. Do native Germans never commit crimes? How many assaults were charged against natives of that city last year?
The truth is you are afraid, so you look for data to justify your fear. It’s called confirmation bias. I recommend you vote for the PMP party, as they share your fear of the alien.
OK, you picked up the glove so here we go, point by point. Brace yourself, another long one:
1) You have no problem with the Latino invasion in US because you do not live there anymore, remember? Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against them, they have a great culture(s) and most of them are hard working, honest people trying to make a better living in US. But we were talking about massive, uncontrolled migration, not integration of the willing and worthy of a decent life in US (although I’m not sure that is possible or worthwhile anymore). It’s one thing to like their music and food and customs and quite another to create social upheaval. Ah, and did I mention they are Catholic?
2) It’s one thing to write about Romania’s mixed-ethnicity culture as a foreigner (and yes, you are still one no matter what you may think) and quite another to have been brought up. lived in and inherit that cultural matrix. Not having roots in that ethnicity may give you the false impression of being more “objective” in talking about it, but you are missing the important ingredient of belonging to that nation, that culture or the family history of those generations that have sacrificed their lives and suffered unspeakable hardship in order that there still would be a Romania to talk about. Most of us Romanians, especially those born after the war, FEEL it, you can only TALK about it.
The fact that Muslims have, and always had, a place in Romania’s political, social and cultural life proves that we were always an integrative and accepting culture, giving shelter, food and respect to our fellow humans, most of the time to our own detriment. I’m not talking about governments, I’m talking about ordinary people, the Ion’s and Maria’s of the Romanian villages and cities. To us Romanians religious faith is sacred, whether Christian, Jewish or Muslim or whatever denomination. We lived with them for hundreds of years and none of our wars were religiously motivated.
3) Ada’s reply saves me further comment other than Islam is the SAME all over, one Q’uran, one unified language, but Muslims may be of a different degree of adhesion or fanaticism. Islam literally means “following”, unconditional following that is, unlike Christ’s ” follow me if YOU WILL”. You may want to update your research on Islam or take a look around you at what’s really happening in the world these days in the Muslim world.
4) We do agree here. And it’s not a question whether a Christian migrant is OK and a Muslim one not, rather that the two cultures, social customs and individual behavior are at odds more often than not when integration is expected in western societies. Whilst the Europeans thrive to be inclusive, most Muslims will want their tribal customs to be recognized and become social norm. Look at what happened to Paris and London, listen to all the advocacy for Shariah Law to govern their communities and how everything western is haram being voiced in your beautifully “integrated” UK, France, Netherlands, etc. where no-enter zones are keeping the police and emergency services out in THEIR OWN countries.
These countries seem fine to you because you don’t bother to look beyond superficial appearances and have never took a deeper look at their social problems, played out every day. And let’s not even get into the issue of the “integrated” Muslims going over to fight for ISIS in Syria, Libya, Iraq and Yemen.
5) Yes I do realize that. That’s why it’s called the Balkans and those countries are still tributary to what the previous hordes left behind, a legacy of poverty and mixed-ethnicity hate. I wonder why you didn’t choose to live there yourself as a social experiment, instead of Romania or Moldova, where as an American you can be buddy-buddy with almost everyone over a glass of palinca. I’m sure your liberal views on forced mass migration and mixed-ethnicity in Europe would have been somewhat different.
Most importantly you don’t seem to understand that EU, unlike US, is a Union of nations, where people value, cherish and safeguard their perceived or true national identity above everything else. Dampen that reassuring feeling with massive migration from different cultures and I bet you my long lost pioneer cravat that there is going to be trouble, massive trouble.
And finally here’s one anecdote for you, right on the subject:
De 60 de ani un bătrân mergea zilnic la Zidul Plângerii din Ierusalim.
Despre acest bătrân aude şi o reporteră de la CNN şi se hotărăste să-i ia un interviu.
Ajunge ea la Zid şi află care este bătrânul.
După 45 de minute bătrânul îşi termină rugăciunea şi reportera îl abordează pentru a-i lua interviul.
– Scuzaţi-mă,eu sunt reporteră la CNN şi mă numesc Rebecca Smith. Dvs. cum vă numiţi?
– Moritz Fishbein.
– De când veniţi la Zidul Plângerii?
– Aproximativ de 60 de ani.
– De 60 de ani! Şi pentru ce vă rugaţi?
– Mă rog ca evreii, creştinii şi musulmanii să trăiască în pace. Mă rog să nu mai fie războaie şi să dispară ura dintre oameni. Mă rog să nu mai fie foamete nicăieri în lume.
– Şi ce simţiţi după 60 de ani?
– Parcă aş vorbi la pereţi…
Just on the word Islam (from an Arabic speaking person, i.e. myself): In Arabic, the word “Islam” means submission or surrender – however, it was derived from the root word “salam”. From this root word, you can also derive the words peace and safety. Many people feel that Islam implies some sort of enslavement to Allah, but others find it more helpful to define the word “Islam” as surrender.
Many religions have a concept of surrender to God. In Jewish history, when the ancient Hebrews obeyed God’s commands, they had a long period of prosperity and stability.
In Christianity, surrendering to God is a way of putting your life into more capable hands – in fact, Jesus asked many of his disciples to surrender their livelihoods and follow him.
So, if we look at the word ‘Islam’ in this way, we can understand why obeying Allah’s commands and trusting in Allah’s wisdom could bring about peace for a Muslim.
The word does not represent a one-sided relationship, where the believer is enslaved to Allah. Rather, the word Islam indicates a covenant between Allah and his followers, where a Muslim surrenders his or her will to Allah in return for peace or safety.
Thanks Ada for saving me the trouble to correct Sam’s vacation pamphlet understanding of the Muslim world. Get your facts straight, oh King of Romania, before you bring a counter argument.
The local population in Bali is lamost entirely hindu. Not everyone in Indonezia is muslim,
Other islands are majority Christian like Flores.
I have been in both places … pretty cool :)
Statistics: 88.1% of the Indonesian population is Muslim. ( Pew Research Center report of The Future of the Global Muslim Population, as of 27 January 2011
Sam, two things:
1. Nice rethoric notwhistanding, you come from a country, born out of democratic principles and founded on the highest moral values, that has recently erected border walls and spends millions and countless resources on detention centers for the “aliens” pouring in from Mexico. The latinos have taken over majority in Florida and LA, bringing with them many good things and decent people, but also horrendous crime, drugs and gang violence. Last time massive “immigration” influx happened in US, the whiteys were the ones at the trigger side of the gun whipping out the natives. If you’re such an advocate of mindless migration and refugee influx, why don’t you write to Congress to take over a few millions of them, nay, the whole lot displaced by the wars and apocalypse they themselves created and voted for? They sure have the might, the means of transportation and the resources to feed and cloth them all from the Pentagon budget. Not to mention that they have the MORAL obligation to do so, and not lecture everybody on how Europe and others should take their human dump.
2. You obviously have NOT been to a Muslim country, or if you have passed through one in your globe trotting you definitely have not lived in any of them. The cliches about how they match the Christians in their disregard of religion and customs are bar talk habibi. They take their religion very seriously, Islam is a way of life not a whim. And when one prays 5 times a day, day in day out, the muscle is getting strong, just like in fitness. Look at how they’re killing each other, Sunni against Shia, both against the infidel. Maybe it’s time to turn on the TV on Russia Today (RT) and take a look at the world around you before you put forth politically correct blurb. Well-intended humanism, without proper checks and balances is a ticket to disaster – the way to Hell is paved with good intentions. History has proven it plenty.
Last but not least, we Romanians, unlike the “civilized” Europe, had more than our share of migrators, mixed cultures, new blood and the like for the last 2000 years.
Whether by sword or diplomacy, we have stood at the gates of western Europe and shed blood so the migrating hordes and Islam do not overtake Europe and the precious little Austro-Hungarians, the Germans and the Poles do not speak Arabic as their mother tongue.
So excuse us if we’re not that open minded as you seem to be to the “refugee” and migration crisis facing Europe. The invasion is here, the Muslims have managed to do via the refugees what Suleiman the Magnificent, Mehmet the Great and all the Turkish might have failed to in so many wars… conquer western Europe and make them kneel at their plight. Resistance is futile, but then Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.
Woah, that’s quite a lengthy response so:
1) I have no problem with Latino immigrants in the United States. I cannot imagine the country WITHOUT them. The population would starve immediately without Latino farm workers, just for starters. And huge swathes of the United States were outright stolen from Mexico, so who is the real “illegal” migrant?
2) I’ve written plenty about Romania’s mixed-ethnicity culture, and how it has absorbed several waves of immigrants over the centuries. I even wrote about how Romania has not one, but TWO Muslim members of parliament. Somehow they get their jobs done without praying non-stop :)
3) Bali is in the world’s most populous Islamic nation. Are you seriously telling me that’s a bad place? Or that sharia mullahs are constantly dictating life there? Islam varies from place to place. A place like Jakarta or Bali is a billion miles away from Riyadh or Tehran, or even Qatar.
4) Not every migrant is Muslim, even from countries like Libya and Syria. I’m not quite sure why a Christian migrant is okay but a Muslim one isn’t. There are millions of Muslims living in Germany, France, and Britain and – just as I wrote – those countries seem fine to me. There are millions of Muslims in the United States. Frankly I don’t see a problem with Islam, any more than Hinduism, Buddhism, or any other religion. The Tamil Tigers launched plenty of terrorist attacks without a single one of their suicide bombers being Muslim, same for the FARC and half a dozen other groups I could name.
5) You do realize Albania and Bosnia are two countries IN Europe that already have huge Muslim populations, right? So somehow the “horde” is mighty slow moving as they’ve been in Europe for centuries now :P
Oh, and last I heard it was Jan Sobieski, a Pole (or Polish-Lithuanian if you prefer), who led the charge at the Battle of Vienna in 1683, and even if the Turks had won, you do realize that they speak an Altaic language, right? Completely different than Arabic. So I don’t know how Romanians defended Poland from speaking Arabic but maybe I’m reading a different history book than you :))